Pivotal Tracker service (FREE)
This service adds commit messages as comments to Pivotal Tracker stories.
Once enabled, commit messages are checked for square brackets containing a hash mark followed by
the story ID (for example,
[#555]). Every story ID found gets the commit comment added to it.
You can also close a story with a message containing:
You can use any of these words:
Read more about the Source Commits endpoint in the Pivotal Tracker API documentation.
See also the Pivotal Tracker service API documentation.
Set up Pivotal Tracker
In Pivotal Tracker, create an API token.
Complete these steps in GitLab:
- Go to the project you want to configure.
- Go to the Integrations page.
- Select Pivotal Tracker.
- Ensure that the Active toggle is enabled.
- Paste the token you generated in Pivotal Tracker.
- (Optional) To restrict this setting to specific branches, list them in the Restrict to branch field, separated with commas.
- Select Save changes or optionally select Test settings.