ETSI's Centre for Testing and Interoperability and the TeraFlowSDN community are organizing the first TFS Hackfest on 20 October 2022. The event will be held during the Network X event in Amsterdam, Netherlands, following the ETSI OSM-MR#13 Hackfest on 18-19 October 2022.
Participation in ETSI Hackfests is free and open to all upon registration. Registration to the TFS Hackfest#1 grants free access to the Network X event.
RAI, Europaplein 24, 1078 GZ Amsterdam, Netherlands.
More details at: Venue & Accommodation
The event will take the form of a tutorial featuring TeraFlow Release 1 allowing participant to get hands on experience with TeraFlowSDN.
- Registration is mandatory!
- Participants are expected to have user-level knowledge of Linux.
- You will need your laptop, with Linux and a Kubernetes-based environment installed. Even if you have Linux on your laptop, to have a clean working environment, it is recommended that you follow the steps in the TFS tutorial:
- Create VirtualBox-based VM: https://labs.etsi.org/rep/tfs/controller/-/blob/develop/tutorial/1-1-1-create-vm-oracle-virtualbox.md
- Install MicroK8s on the VM: https://labs.etsi.org/rep/tfs/controller/-/blob/develop/tutorial/1-2-install-microk8s.md
- If you have questions or trouble preparing your environment, join the TFS Slack workspace (see below) and drop your questions on channel #hackfest1-2022-oct-20
Who should attend
- Network Operators and Service providers, who want to get first-hand operational experience with TeraFlowSDN Controller
- System Integrators, who want to develop their expertise with TeraFlowSDN
- Academia and Universities, who are using or considering TeraFlowSDN as a platform for their research activities in networking
- TeraFlowSDN developers and users that want to share and test with the community
- Members of other research projects interested in using TeraFlowSDN Controller in their research and proof-of-concept activities.
Tuesday 18 - Wednesday 19 October 2022 - OSM Hackfest
- 11:00 am - 05:00 pm CEST - ETSI OSM-MR#13 Hackfest - Register here!
Wednesday 19 October 2022 - Networking Event
- 04:00 pm - 05:30 pm CEST - Networking event @ETSI Booth
Thursday 20 October 2022 - TFS Hackfest
11:00 am - 01:00 pm CEST - Session 1
- Deployment (guide & hands-on)
- 01:00 pm - 02:00 pm CEST - Networking Lunch
02:00 pm - 03:30 pm CEST - Session 2
- Run experiments (guide & hands-on)
- Development (guide & hands-on)
- 03:30 pm - 04:00 pm CEST - Coffee Break
04:00 pm - 05:00 pm CEST - Session 3
- Development (guide & hands-on) II
- Feedback and Conclusion
Get involved in TeraFlowSDN
- Join the TFS Community Slack Workspace
- Subscribe TFS_INFO mailing list
- If your organization is already a TFS member or participant, you can also:
- If your organization is not yet a TFS member:
- Learn how to join ETSI TFS, it is free and open to all
Questions about ETSI, joining TFS, this Hackfest and future events can be sent to: TFSsupport@etsi.org